What a peaceful stay. It felt like a home away from home. the accommodation was most comfortable and when I thought it could not get better I was overwhelmed by the friendly and accommodating staff. I believe the accommodation was originally farm worker’s houses, which were refurbished and tastefully decorated to a country theme. Each cottage also has it’s own stoep with braai facility, which overlooks the vineyards and the mountain, so early morning coffee for me or late afternoon wine for Natasha, from the estate of course. The farm itself is a getaway destination like no other. We managed to make time for a enjoyable horse ride and we got to see the grapevines, olives and plums on the rich farmland.
The lodge is ideally situated between the leafy scenery of Botriver and the sunny beaches of Hermanus, on one of the premier tourist routes in the Western Cape. Only a scenic, 1 hour drive from the Cape Town International Airport, the Wildekrans Wine Estate is located on rolling hills overlooking Walker Bay. The Estate was originally a mixed farming operation but today produces some of the finest wines not just in South Africa but the world over and is also the home of Endless Vineyards Boutique Lodge. Endless Vineyards is a family-orientated holiday destination, but also caters to the corporate market – there’s a conference room on site, a chapel for weddings and an antique boardroom.
Forage Restaurant, situated at the beautiful Wildekrans Wine Estate provides an “indigenous dining experience” – a truly unique culinary encounter.
Racione Restaurant, also situated at the Wildekrans Wine Estateat is the tasting room, it’s a social eating experience with a menu giving diners a variety of options to order.
The area offers many attractions for the outdoor enthusiast and adventurer, with hiking trails, horseback riding, shark cage diving, and quad biking all within a 30-minute drive. Golf, volleyball, kayaking and cycling are also favourite options amongst our guests.
- Soldiers Memorial Museum (Hermanus)
- Bontebok National Park (Swellendam)
- The Whale House Museum (Hermanus)
- Crystal Labyringh (Barrydale)
- The Caledon Casino (Caledon)
- Greyton Genadendal Mountain Bike Route (Greyton)
- Old Harbour Museum (Hermanus)
- Walker Bay Sea Kayaking (Walker Bay)
- Sandboarding (Betty’s Bay)
- Great White Shark Cage Diving (Hermanus)
- Whale Watching (Hermanus)
- Klein Paradys Equestrian Centre (Elgin)
- DV Artisan Chocolate (Hermanus)
- John The Potter (Betty’s Bay)
- Stony Point Penguin Colony (Betty’s Bay)
- Fern Kloof Nature Reserve (Hermanus)
- Grotto’s Beach (Hermanus)
- Paul Cluver Forest Amphitheatre
- Arabella Golf Course