TRAIN TOURS in SOUTH AFRICA
Traveling on a long distance overnight train in South Africa is like eating soup with a fork. It takes time, but you can’t get enough!
Why go on a Holiday train? Because it is nostalgic, affordable, comfortable, fun, safe and ‘lekker’. You don’t have to drive, won’t get lost, don’t pay toll and don’t experience punctures or speed fines. You arrive well rested and you have time to meet other people, play cards and domino’s, and talk again to other people.
Our tours are a combination of traveling, sleeping, dining and socialising on the train; staying in good upmarket hotels and lodges; enjoy good food; be transported by bus or taxi at your destinations and fly back home. A 3-in-1 experience.
Who may go on tour? Any person from anywhere. All ages and genders. People from all walks of life is welcome to travel along.
We make use of the budget Tourist Class trains, upmarket Premier Classe train as well as the super luxury and iconic Blue Train – the latter at South African rates! When flying we use Kulula.com & Mango.
The tours are put into different categories:
Holiday train & flight tours from Jo’burg to:
- Cape Town (6 Days)
- Namaqualand Flowers (6 & 8 Days)
- Boland (6 Days)
- Garden Route (6 Days)
- Port Elizabeth (3 Days)
- Durban & KZN (3 & 6 Days)
- Mozambique, Swaziland & KNP (Bus tour) (8 Days)
- Kruger National Park & Lowveld (Bus Tour) (7 Days)
- Premier Classe train to Cape Town (4 Days)
- Blue Train from Pretoria to Cape Town (4 Days)
Sport train tours from Jo’burg to:
- Two Oceans marathon (Train only) (6 Days)
- Comrades marathon (Train only) (4 Days)
- Cape Town Cycle Race (6 Days)
- Rugby Tests (‘Bok train or Flights) (2, 3 or 4 Days)
Festival train & flight tours from Jo’burg to:
- Grahamstown National Art Festival (6 Days)
- Cape Town Jazz Festival (3, 4 or 6 Days)
- KKNK in Oudtshoorn (5 Days)
- Oppiwater Kunstefees (8 Days)
- Cherry Festival (Bus tour) (3 Days)
- Oyster Festival in Knysna (5 Days)
- Wacky Wine Weekend in Robertson (5 Days)
Motorbike-on-Train tours from Jo’burg to:
- Western Cape & Boland (7 Days)
- Namaqualand Flowers (7 Days)
- Garden Route (7 Days)
- Route 62 (7 Days)
- Buff Rally (6 Days)
- BMW GS Trophy (6 Days)
- ‘Stofpad’ in the Karoo (6 Days)
- Africa Bike Week in East London (5 Days)
Holiday train & flight tours from Cape Town to:
- Kruger National Park & Lowveld (6 Days)
- Drakensberg (KZN) & Eastern Free State (6 Days)
- Sun City, Magaliesberg and Hartbeespoort Dam (6 Days)
- Matjiesfontein (Train & Bus) (3 Days)
- Wacky Wine Weekend in Robertson (Bus tour) (4 Days)
- Premier Classe train to Sandton (4 Days)
- Blue Train to Pretoria (4 Days)
8-day Bus tours in Namibia depart from the Husea Kutako airport outside Windhoek.
To travel is one of the best means of education. Just do it.
Experience South Africa, discover new places, participate in new adventures and spend your money in South Africa – hence creating job opportunities all over the country.
We live in such a beautiful country. Enjoy it!