Welcome to Umlilo Lodge
Umlilo Lodge is a 4 star guest house situated in the small village of St Lucia, the only private village in the world
to be completely surrounded by a World Heritage Site.
We offer 13 comfortable en-suite guests rooms in our tropical treehouse like lodge.
Guests can choose to laze on the wooden deck by the pool, make use of our free WiFi or relax in our bar lounge with an honesty bar
and full Digital Satellite Television (DSTV) which is surrounded by a fishpond. In the evenings guests can choose to enjoy a Braai
sitting in the Boma around a fire and exchange travel stories or wander into town to sample our local restaurants.
You are spoiled for choice from 07:30 until 09:30 when we serve a healthy and delicious English and continental breakfast,
which also includes fresh fruit, assorted yoghurt, cold meats, cheeses, cereal and much more.
If you have an early morning, we are happy to pack your breakfast the evening before for you to take on your trip.
Complimentary coffee and tea is always available in the guest rooms.
We can also assist in booking the following activities St Lucia and The iSimangaliso Wetlands Park has to offer:
– Big 5 Safaris to the oldest game reserve in South Africa, The Hluhluwe / Umfolozi Game Reserve
– Full day safaris to The World Heritage Site, The iSimangaliso Wetlands Park
– Night Drives in the park
– Whale Watching in season (June to November)
– Sea Turtle Tours (November to February)
– Horse rides on the beach or in the park
– Kayaking on Lake St Lucia
– Two hour Cruises on Lake St Lucia
– Guided Bird walking tours
This is an owner run establishment and we are on the property 24 hours, 7 days a week to assist with any bookings or information. We look forward to welcoming you to the beautiful town of St Lucia.