DRONFIELD RESERVE CHALETS
- Kimberley area or an ideal weekend getaway from the stress of city life. It is a birder’s paradise.
- Dronfield is home to a breeding colony of White-backed Vultures, which has been extensively researched for over 20 years. A vulture restaurant has been established on the reserve to enable visitors to watch these birds at close range.
- Situated close to Dronfield is Kamfers Dam, home to about 50 000 Lessor flamingos. These birds, along with Greater Flamingos, are breeding on an artificial island in the dam created for this purpose – one of only six such regular breeding sites for the species in the world.
- The reserve is also the site of two battlefields.
- Six self-catering chalets are available, all fully equipped with air-conditioning and private braai facilities.
- WIFI available.
- A small conference area is available for small team building events or mini Conferences.