EcoTraining combines the adventure of a safari with environmental education into one true wilderness experience. By reconnecting people with nature, we train naturalists, nature lovers, intrepid explorers and aspiring safari guides to become ambassadors of nature. We offer accredited career courses, gap year and sabbatical programmes, nature programmes, high school and university study abroad programmes, custom courses and on-site professional guide training at safari lodges. All of our courses are run directly from EcoTraining’s unfenced bush camps in prime wilderness areas across South Africa, Botswana, Kenya and Zimbabwe. By sharing nature’s processes, its ecosystems and the importance of wilderness, we seek to equip people with the skills necessary to effect positive change in the world. We believe nature conservation is about people. To date EcoTraining has trained over 12 000 people from 33 different countries around the world.
Our vision is to reconnect people with nature. To bring about environmental consciousness as a means to preserve the natural world.
Our mission is to train naturalists, guardians and professional field guides as ambassadors for nature. We aim to provide a rich, knowledgeable and practical learning experience for students to reach their full potential. By sharing nature’s processes, its ecosystems and the importance of wilderness, we seek to equip people with the skills necessary to effect positive change in the world. We believe nature conservation is about people.
Why Choose EcoTraining
- Founded in 1993, EcoTraining is a pioneer in the field guide training industry in South Africa with one of the largest, most bio-diverse footprints in Africa.
- EcoTraining’s accredited courses are the most widely recognised in Africa.
- EcoTraining has over 12 courses to choose from ranging from 5-day nature programmes to 1-year professional accredited courses.
- Our field guide instructors are highly qualified experts.
- Our 7 bush camps are located across 4 African countries collectively comprising of 100 000 hectares / 250 000 acres of wilderness land.
- EcoTraining is the only private safari guide and wildlife training facility situated inside the Kruger National Park.
- All courses are conducted in remote wilderness areas from our unfenced bush camps.
- Many world-renowned game reserves recognise the high standard of EcoTraining graduates.
- Having trained over 12 000 course participants and professional field guides, many have gone on to become industry leaders.
- SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
- Twitter: @EcoTraining https://twitter.com/EcoTraining
- You Tube: EcoTraining TV https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCexlnMyapKjsHUXRMfjEqvw
- Instagram: ecotraining https://www.instagram.com/ecotraining/?hl=en
- Facebook: https://web.facebook.com/EcotrainingAfrica/
- CONTACT INFORMATION
PHYSICAL ADDRESS: Corner of Ehmke and Van der Merwe Street, The Outpost Centre, Nelspruit
POSTAL ADDRESS: PO Box 19122, Nelspruit, 1200, South Africa
TELEPHONE: +27 (0)13 752 2532
Posted by EcoTraining on Friday, 17 November 2017